Friday, February 27, 2009

First day of blogging!

Wow....this is the first time I have done this blog thing! I've written stuff on Myspace and Facebook, but never done this on an actual blog site! Hope everything is okay??

Anyways, I wanted to find a way to post my experiences in the field of English as a Second Language (ESL). I have had more than 10 years experience (from the time I was an 'interchanger' at an IEP (Intensive English Program) in Hawaii to my current profession - a Teacher/Manager and a Community College Instructor). Throughout these 10 years, my eyes have really helped me understand the field I am in, understand that my field is one of the lowest paid teaching fields in the whole spectrum of teaching, and helped me to understand the students that attend IEPs. I could have been a Medical Doctor, Psychologist, Counselor, FBI special agent, Naval Officer, etc. But instead I chose the career of an ESL professor! Wow...maybe I was crazy???? I've come to terms with my career decision, so I guess now I am happy with my choice. But let me tell you, if the opportunity to do something else comes around, I might change careers! Maybe...